Taking Action in Wrongful Death Cases

If your loved one or family member has died due to negligence or malpractice, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. There is nothing that can bring the deceased back, but the ability to hold someone responsible for the death can help bring closure to the family.

In Orlando, wrongful death attorneys can help you put together a case against the person responsible. You will need to prove that the death was indeed caused by someone else’s malpractice or negligence. A wrongful death lawyer will be able to work with you to collect the required evidence and prepare the case so that it can be competently and successfully presented in court.

Why File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?

The main reason people seek out Orlando wrongful death attorneys is because they want to honor the memory of their loved one and are not content to let the negligent person continue hurting others. The secondary reason is to recover the expenses incurred, which often include medical bills, funeral costs, and lost wages.

When a death is caused by an ongoing issue, such as a doctor who consistently makes mistakes during surgery, your case could prevent others from suffering the same loss. This will not reduce your pain, but it is a way to truly honor your loved one and make the world a safer place.

What Constitutes a Wrongful Death?

There are a number of causes of wrongful deaths, but in all cases, someone either did not do his/her job correctly or ignored the danger, resulting in the fatality. The most common cases include car accidents, medical malpractice, product defects, and workplace accidents, though these are certainly not the only causes.

In most cases, only close family members are legally eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is not always true, however, so it is a good idea to contact an attorney to find out whether or not you are qualified to file a case.

As an Orlando wrongful death attorney, I provide free consultations. If you have lost a loved one due to negligence or malpractice, call me to learn if you have a case: (407) 332-1289